Friday, August 8, 2008

Short update on Suzie

Sorry it's been so long since we've updated you. I went to Boston last week for work and Kris drove back to Sioux City (I of course miss her like crazy). After returning home I got either a cold or allergies and didn't want to expose Suzie so I haven't seen her for awhile. I talked to her today and she had just been home a few hours and was resting after her 3rd chemo. She said she had been feeling pretty well recently and will call me when she feels like company so I'll update again after I see her.
I'm hoping she will feel well enough to go to the American Idol concert Aug. 18th so keep your fingers crossed.
Kitty

1 comment:

Friends said...

Hi Kitty,

Though I'm too old to figure out how to get on your blog, I know you will share info.

The local hospital where Jim practices for over 30 years is Miami Valley Hospital, and they have a monthly magazine . this past month's issue had an article on ovarian cancer, but it also featured the Noble Circle support group that my neighbor and I have been involved with. anyway, the lady whose family owns the huge Garden Store here, who is battling breast cancer was featured on the cover (she's the one that gave me the 12 heirloom tomato plants) and there was a photo inside of a 6 yr ovarian cancer survivor ...she was not as beautiful as our Suzie, but she looked great and she had a full head of hair...she had been stage 4...so I mailed the magazine to Suzie.

Suzie is 1/2 way through Chemo Yea!!!! I'm sure it has been very difficult for her and her family and friends, but by golly she's doing it!
If everyone is doing as well as my tomato plants....move over! I can barely keep up with picking, propping up vines with fruit weighing it down. Jim and i had our homegrown Bacon and Tomato sandwiches ....don't get me wrong, we did not grow the bacon- but, they were heaven.
Hello to everyone we are having spectacular weather here, and are looking forward to our Omaha visit in about a month!
Love to all ,Jean

BFF

BFF
Kitty Suzie Kristy