Monday, July 21, 2008

The Color Purple


We had a purplelicious weekend! On Sat. when Kris was finally feeling better (she stayed home sick Friday and slept most of the day) we made a decision!!!!!! to see if we could get tickets to the musical at the beautiful Fox Theatre. It was "Oprah Winfrey presents The Color Purple" and since we loved the movie we thought we'd enjoy it. Ever since I've been in Atlanta I've been telling Kris I'd take her to the Fabulous Fox Theater but we usually procrastinate but we decided that if there were still tickets available it was meant to be that we go and good news we got tickets in the 5th row! The production was amazing, the costumes were so colorful and the music unbelievable!!! If you have a chance to see it do.
We had called Susie Sat. to see how she was doing and she sounded great. She had her 2nd round of chemo on Friday so we were concerned that she wouldn't be feeling very well but she said they didn't have to give her some shot she'd had last time so she thought that may have made the difference. We couldn't visit her because Kris had been sick so I hope we'll be able to see her this week since she leaves Sat. to go back home and I leave for a conference in Boston the same day.
Several people have said they'd like to make comments but couldn't figure out how so if you'd like to add a comment just send it to my e-mail and I'll add it for you!
Love Kitty & Kris

2 comments:

Friends said...

Can I add my thanks to Pam who was a great hostess, under some difficult circumstances (she could't even dump us in the lake-it was so windy we would have blown right back!
Ok I'll admit I was embarrassed when i saw a blog entry from some "younger people" Google agrees with me that I have my password correct but every time i try to get on the blog...well, it' ok-everyone enjoys getting cards in the mail so that will be how I can communicate.

Did anyone confirm the real dates of the re union...and are they the same dates that we have the B and B reserved? The Nockels Mansion? Hope so!

Susie, what did you think of the Travelling pants photos? Doesn't Pam look great? Wonder where we will see them next???

Turns out that Jim's Med Schoool Creighton reunion is NOT the weekend of Barbie's Rachel's wedding-but i hope to see her anyway!
Gotta go for now. We are having spectacular weather here, and I'm hovering over my tomatoes-can't wait!
Last Sunday I had a Bacon and Fried Green tomato sandwich with goat cheese on it-wow...gooood

Ruth, i have shown so many people the little pot you gave us-it has a prominent spot in my bathroom. Thanks again for such a creative, thoughtful gift.
Susie, i don't know enough about this to figure...do you feel bad right after the chemo or is it gradual?
Or, will each time be different? When will they test to see if it has killed all the bad goo...?
Hello to everyone and i hope your summer is going well
-Barbie, how long did it take to get those trees off the Golf course? Maureen and Larry have to replace 1/2 the windows in their house plus their back door from that same storm...wow Mother Nature.l

Judy-you were missed-how about telling us what you're going to do with yourself? We missed you AND MaryLou.

Must go ,
Jean

Friends said...

Judy sent this e_mail and Jean sent the one below.
Hello again...thank you so much for the braclet...I put it on immediately
and I can't believe how much I am aware of it and think of Susie and all of
you every time I look at it...thanks again....JJ

I am so happy you developed this blog...I am loving all the information
about Suzie, the weekend and the baby news in your and Kristy's life!!
I need to know how I can access and send comments...I'm not the computer
expert but I thought I could figure it out with a little time...no
luck...please send directions...and I know a couple of people already sent
comments...I didn't see them...are they for all to read...like Ruth's
comment??? Thanks for your help....JJ

BFF

BFF
Kitty Suzie Kristy