Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Great news from Suzie!



I just talked to Suzie and she just got the test results back after her last chemo and the news was really great. The test is the CA125. After first chemo it was 310, after second chemo 99, after third chemo 16.6 and after the last one it's down to 13!!!!! The Dr. is really pleased and said her prognosis was good!!! Isn't that fabulous? She even played a little golf recently which I think is really neat!

I'm going to include a picture Susie sent me of the first time she wore her new wig and an e-mail she sent us also.


When I had dinner with Suzie a week ago the one thing she was really amazed about was the fact that she was still receiving cards and letters daily from people which she really appreciates so just wanted you all to know how much she loves it!

Tracey and Kendra are coming to visit this weekend and bringing Jackson for some Grandma time and Susie is going to drive down for brunch Sat. so she can see him too.


Here is a message from Suzie a few weeks ago.


Hello Everyone, Just a quick update on my progress. I am having two weeks of good days and then just one week—the week after chemo---of bad days. On those days I have severe joint pain and muscle aches, a quezzy stomach and absolutely no energy. But then 5-6 days later I wake up and feel much better. So if the chemo is working I’m happy. For awhile I thought I would never feel this good ever again.
I have three more big chemo treatments and then we’ll see what happens.

Friends here have been great sending meals and trying to do for me. Kitty is great at rubbing feet and legs and arms.

Thanks for all the prayers, cards and concern. I know your prayers are being heard and that is why I am doing so well. I’ll be ready for next year at the B&B. I appreciated the call while you all were together at Pam’s---almost made me feel like I was there----love the gifts.

Thanks and LOVE and HUGS


1 comment:

Friends said...

Thanks Kitty, that is really great news!!! Pass my congratulations on to Suzie. I'm so thrilled her chemo is working and she is able to do "Normal" things like play golf! Hope it continues! Prayers continue! Pam

BFF

BFF
Kitty Suzie Kristy